Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What ARE you doing???

Hello! This is Jessica B. today for QKR Stampede. I hope you are having a great start to your week. Sorry for the late post but blogger hasn't been cooperative with me for a couple of days now..but hopefully this post will go live and not out into the great blog post graveyard :)

I first have to say that I love the stamps I used here. Love love love them. I feel in love with the mice when I saw them..and my little mind  went wild with the "scenes" I could create..you know how I love a good scene right ?? LOL

 
Pretty darn cute huh?

  Doesn't that mama mouse look like she is saying "What ARE you doing"??? HA! LOVE it. ( OK..confession time..I love mice. I am probably one of the few women on the planet that don't freak out at them.( I grew up in the country btw) and I always wanted my own..you know Cinderella had them and she was the lucky right?? So when I saw these mice..I knew I wanted to make a little kitchen type wall hanging out of it..child hood memories I suppose.


Ok first up , I used this little mousy ( I call her the "mama mouse :), then I used this sassy little thing here, then I used  this fantastic jar and this bunch of  dried branches, that I turned into either flowers or a bunch of herbs..


Ok first up..I stamped everything on water color paper using a mixture of inks. For the jar I used SU! Certain Celery and Marina mist( tapped one then the other to blend them), for the mice I used Versafine sepia ink ( I wanted them kinda soft..and black doesn't usually translate to soft), for the flowers/herbs I used SU Old Olive and Certain Celery..and Real red for the flowers/berries. 

I laid in a base color with Derwent Graphtint Pencils, then went back in with Derwent water color pencils.. I thought about making this kinda bright..but in true fairytale style..I left it kinda muted and soft..the way mice in dresses are supposed to be ;)

here is a close up for ya...

That is it for me today ! Please check out QKR Stampede for some wonderful scene building stamps like these..you can bet I will be using a lot of what they have to offer!

Oh..one more thing..check back with us on Friday as will be having our monthly blog hop..this time we are 'bunny" hopping!!


Have a good one!

3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable. You do such great things with you scenes!!! My favorite line in your write up is "I left it kinda muted and soft..the way mice in dresses are supposed to be ;)" Cute, cute, cute. Wonderful coloring. I have one of the canning jar images and need to work on my coloring of it, I will have to use yours as an example. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kritie! I *think* it works great on water color paper with water based inks...that way they kinda bleed together and you get that wonderful look of old glass. I think the next time I use this stamp I will put some glossy accents on it to shine it up..but it didn't seem to work here..I had to fight myself NOT to use it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are darling images and I love the cute scene you made out of them. Great coloring the glass. I find that really hard to do. Looks almost real. I can't say that I'm fond of mice IRL, but these are very loveable.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete