Thursday, December 30, 2010

Best Friends Embossed

Hello everyone!  I hope your Christmas holiday season has been a wonderful one! I know mine has been!

Today's card is one that I had a lot of fun making!
 I love this technique of embossing clear plastic.  I used a piece of laminating film that was a scrap from something I had laminated a while ago, but I could  just as well have used some recycled packaging. You know the kind, that plastic that is so hard to get into and is around just about everything these days, from crafting tools to ink cartridges.

First, I embossed it with my Cuttlebug and the Snowflakes Embossing folder then set it aside while I worked on my image.

The image is from QKR Stampede and is titled Best Friends (#23502) I stamped it onto white card stock and colored it with water color crayons.  I used Icicle Stickles to give the snowman some nice sparkle.  I love the Icicle Stickles, depending on the light and angle, they show up different colors.  Sometimes blue, sometimes purple or pink.
I layered the image onto a scrap of pink paper from my scrap stash, then attached the embossed laminating film to it with pink brads.

This was then adhered to a blue card base.  I love the look of the embossed snowflakes over the image!  What do you think?  Be sure to leave a comment and let me know.
Thanks for stopping by the blog today. Be sure to stop by the QKR Stampede store and see what images you might like to try this technique with.  There are a lot of wonderful choices. And did you know there is the choice of using digital too?  Yep!  QKR Stampede has digital images as well as rubber stamps!  Go check them out!
I hope you will have a happy, healthy and crafty 2011!

5 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love the embossing, it really makes your adorable image pop.
    Wonderful colors also

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristie, your card is wonderful. I like the idea with the embossed snowflakes over the image. This idea is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea Kristie! I would never have thought of this! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the embossing, fun card!

    ReplyDelete